CU*Answers will be hosting our Annual Meeting virtually on Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 4:30 PM ET. This year’s Annual Stockholder Meeting will be different from previous years, as it will be held via a webinar using the Zoom application. You can connect via computer or phone.
Register now for this year’s Annual Meeting
Using Zoom to Attend the CU*Answers 2020 Annual Meeting
Security Rules During the 2020 Annual Meeting
NEW FOR THE 2020 ELECTION!
- Candidates will not be asked to speak at this year’s all-digital event. Use the “Meet the Candidates” menu on this site to review information about all of the candidates.
- This year, voting will be closed prior to the Annual Meeting; all votes must be submitted in advance of the meeting date. However, assuming you have already submitted your vote, you will be able to change your vote at the meeting. (The last ballot received will supersede any previous ballots you cast.)
Voting instructions will be delivered directly to stockholders via email on Monday, May 4. The deadline for voting electronically is June 12, 2020.
We hope you’ll join us for this year’s event!
To register for the Zoom session for this year’s election, click here. On the registration page, you will be asked to include your name, email address, organization and job title. (If you have not previously used Zoom before, you will be asked to set up a new profile.)
Once you have registered for the event, you will be able to save the event to your email client calendar. This will include a link to the Zoom session, which will not be active until the date of the meeting, as well as login options for those attending via phone (see image below for an example).
For information about the security rules in place for the Zoom webinar, click here to read the related story.
For additional questions or tips relating to Zoom, please refer to the Zoom Help Center.
For this year’s Annual Stockholder Meeting, we’ll be using the webinar feature via Zoom. Attendees can connect via computer or phone. In an effort to secure the meeting and ensure a good experience for all participants, we be taking the following steps:
- Attendees must register in advance for the webinar. Attendees who attempting to join the meeting without registering beforehand may be denied by the host.
- Registered attendees will receive an email with registration details, including an encrypted password. This link will not be posted anywhere on a public website.
- We’ll be using webinar option in Zoom, so participants will be muted automatically and web cameras will be deactivated. Participants may use the chat function if they wish to make a comment directly to the meeting host, but chat will not be allowed between participants.
For instructions on registering and using Zoom, click here to read the related story.
Congratulations to incumbent Linda Bodie, CEO of Element FCU in Charleston, West Virginia; incumbent Jeff Jorgensen, CEO of Sioux Empire FCU in Sioux Falls, South Dakota; and newcomer Tom Gryp, President/CEO of Notre Dame FCU in Notre Dame, Indiana. All were elected to serve a three-year term on the CU*Answers Board of Directors, at the 2016 Annual Stockholders meeting held on Wednesday, June 22, 2016.
A sincere thank you to all of the candidates in this year’s race. It was a true testament to the power of ownership to see such dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers vie for a spot on our Board. Ownership is real at CU*Answers, thanks to the participation of ALL of its owners!
Per our Board Member Handbook, this is official notification that the period for receiving nominations to fill seats on the CU*Answers Board of Directors has closed as of March 31, 2016, and the CU*Answers Board of Directors has met to set the final ballot for this year’s election. Ballots will be sent to all owners during the week of May 2, 2016.
Once again we will be offering an electronic voting option for the 2016 CU*Answers Board of Directors election on June 22, 2016, using the Simply Voting tool (simplyvoting.com). The ballot will be sent to all owners during the week of May 2, 2016.
- This year all owners will receive an email from SimplyVoting.com with an electronic ballot.
- Owners who elect not to cast their vote electronically can obtain a hard copy of the ballot here.
- Even if you want to wait until the Stockholder’s meeting to vote, if there is a chance you won’t make the meeting, please plan to vote electronically anyway. You can always change your vote at the meeting! (Last one in supersedes any previous ballots you cast).
We Need Your Vote!
Along with your ballot you’ll also receive the official invitation to the 2016 CU*Answers Leadership Conference and Golf Outing. We would of course love to see you at this year’s events, but whether or not you are not able to attend, we will still need your vote.
Please mark your calendar to watch for the ballot mailing, and make sure your voice is heard at this year’s election!
On February 2, 2016, clients were notified of the official call for nominations of candidates to be placed on the ballot for the June CU*Answers Board of Directors election. The packet, which was mailed to credit union CEOs, included these items:
Memo from Randy Karnes to CU*Answers Stockholders
Copy of memo from Dean Wilson to CU*Answers Stockholders (sent Sept. 2015)
A Call to Nominations
2016 Board Handbook
This year we’re again offering an e-voting option. If you won’t be able to make the Stockholders Meeting in June, you can still vote via proxy, either by mailing your ballot (as before) or by voting electronically! Check out the Election Rules page for more details.
On September 23, 2015, a memo was sent to CU*Answers Stockholders from Dean Wilson, CU*Answers Board Member and 2015 Nominating Committee Chair. In that memo we explained that because of the results from the 2015 bylaws election, it was necessary for Chris Butler to resign from the Board of Directors effective October 2015. According to the “Appointing Directors to Fill Unexpired Terms” procedures in our Board Handbook, because Chris Butler’s remaining term was more than 12 months this board seat will be filled at the 2016 Annual Stockholders Meeting on June 22, 2016.
Therefore the 2016 election will include filling three (3) open seats on the Board of Directors. Per Board procedure, at the October Board meeting the 2016 Nominating Committee was established, consisting of Vickie Schmitzer, Don Mills, and Dean Wilson (Chair). Based on the procedures outlined in the handbook, interested candidates should submit their application to serve on CU*Answers’ Board of Directors to the Nominating Committee.
Refer to the Call to Nominations flyer for instructions.
Candidates who are selected to be on the ballot will be contacted and asked to provide electronic copies of their letter of intent and resume as well as a photo and candidate message to be posted on the Board Elections website.
The minutes from the 2015 Annual Stockholders Meeting, held June 17, 2015, are ready for review. Stockholders please review these minutes prior to the 2016 Annual Meeting on June 22, 2015.
Open the 2015 Annual Meeting Minutes